Kenneth D. Quat
Attorney Kenneth D. Quat’s practice is focused on asserting and vindicating the rights of consumers, debtors, small businesspeople, and injured persons. In addition to his work for individual clients, Mr. Quat has been appointed class counsel by various courts in a number of significant class action cases. The matters he handles include:
- Unfair or unconscionable contract terms or fees
- Unfair, deceptive, or coercive sales and leasing practices
- Misconduct in collecting or reporting a consumer debt, including mortgages, credit cards, auto loans, and student loans
- Deceptive advertising or marketing of food items, drugs, tools, business “opportunities,” and other products and services
- Predatory, discriminatory, and other unlawful lending practices
- Breach of warranty
- Wrongful foreclosure or repossession
- Injuries caused by dangerous or defective products.
Attorney Quat has represented clients in appeals before the:
- Massachusetts Appeals Court
- Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court
- First Circuit Court of Appeals
- California Court of Appeals.
Notable reported decisions in which Mr. Quat was attorney of record include:
- Golchin v. Liberty Mutual, 460 Mass. 222 (2011)
- Kwaak v. Pfizer, Inc., 379 F.Supp.2d 161, aff’d. 424 F.3d 43 (1st Cir. 2005)(per curiam)
- Intech v. Triple “C” Marine Salvage, Inc., 444 Mass. 122 (2005);
- DirecTV v. Deskin, 363 F.Supp.2d 254 (D.Conn. 2005)
- In Re Coutts, 263 B.R. 394 (2001)
- Morris v. Redwood Empire Bancorp, 27 Cal.Rptr.3d 797 (Cal.App. 4th 2005).
Attorney Quat has practiced law since 1979. He is admitted to the bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the following federal courts:
- U.S. District Court, Massachusetts
- U.S. District Court, Connecticut
- U.S. District Court, Vermont
- First Circuit Court of Appeals.
He has also been admitted to practice in the following jurisdictions for purposes of particular cases:
- U.S. District Court, New Hampshire
- U.S. District Court, Rhode Island
- State of California.
Attorney Quat has been a speaker and has presented papers at consumer law seminars and conferences, and is a long-standing member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates (NACA).
You can contact Attorney Quat by phone or e-mail at .
Send an e-mail to